Struggling to find time to teach science in a day full of math and language arts?
Trying to move beyond fun activities to authentic learning tasks that lead to big scientific thinking?
Wondering how to take your students beyond the superficial to the higher order thinking of a real scientist?
Get a copy of The Essentials of Science and Literacy.
Who Would Enjoy The Essentials of Science and Literacy?
- Literacy support teachers who are in classrooms during science instruction;
- Teachers in priority districts, where the traditional focus has been on increasing literacy scores;
- Teachers who like to use an integrated approach to instruction;
- Instructional coaches who are charged with helping teachers improve their practice;
- Any teacher who wants to raise the level of rigor and engagement in their literacy and science work.
Read a review of The Essentials of Science and Literacy
- The Essentials of Science and Literacy: A Guide for Teachers (National Science Teachers Association)
- The Essentials of Science and Literacy (Heinemann)
- The Essentials of Science and Literacy: A Guide for Teachers (Education Development Center)
For ordering information:
Click on the image, above, for information on ordering this text from Barnes & Noble.