Well, this is not the United States Postal Service…
Weather events, loss of power, school cancellations and other unforeseen events DO affect the schedule here at Simple Science. And we apologize for it!
Without further ado (or TOO much delay) here is the November edition of the Simple Science Strategies Newsletter.
In it, we will use November nature events as a springboard for conversations about some big science ideas:
Topic — preparing for winter
- evergreen and deciduous trees
- fall and winter nature finds
Science processes, concepts and disciplines
- Building an Argument Using Evidence
- Stability and Change
- Life Sciences: From Molecules to Organisms: Structures and Processes
Strategies and tools
- Comparing and Contrasting
- Using Argument (Discussion Frames) to compare sides of an argument
- Creating Double Bubble Maps to compare two things
Please post your work on our Blog Carnival. See the link for important details about the November blog carnival.
Give us feedback…
Take a few moments to complete a very brief survey about your experiences on this blog.
win! (who doesn’t like free?)
Enter on our sister site, A Child’s Garden, for a chance to win an All-Season Indoor Composter, by UncommonGoods. Entries will be accepted through the end of November. No purchase necessary. Click here to enter.
|The All-Seasons Indoor Composter, $48 at UncommonGoods.|